I am a Creative Manager and the lead of the Creative Analytics team at Machine Zone. I oversaw the entire pipeline from creative ideation to data analytics. Below is a typical process from start to finish that I was responsible for.

An Example of the Content Creation Process

I worked with the team to brainstorm the ideas we are interested in testing. These ideas are based off of previous data and team insights. We work together to bring every idea and perspective to the table, before coming to a compromise as a team on which ideas we want to move forward with.

Survey Testing
I ran multiple survey tests in order to gauge market sentiment on our concepts. This served a multi-fold purpose, the first being to whittle down the number of total test-plans. I used statistical testing to define which plans had the highest chances of success before moving forward with paid ad-net testing. We used this process to logistically reduce time spent and save on budget. To accomplish this, I used low-cost solutions such as Google Consumer Surveys, PickFu, Survey Monkey, and internal QA. I then tested those results against a Chi-Squared testing methodology to analyze the results for statistical significance.

I also used marketing and competitor research sources like StoreMaven, App Annie and Sensor Tower to build research decks on market expectations. I developed large keyword analysis for game titles across 23+ geos, comparing both Reach and Difficulty ratings for accurate keyword application in our App Store submissions.

After I have reduced our number of test goals, I then constructed a preliminary budget. The budget would use recent historical data for accurate predictions and planning. This data was organized by Country (test plans were global - across up to 23 different countries), Operating System and hundreds of Exchange Partners. I worked with the data science team to use statistical methodology to forecast sample size, CTR, CPM, CvR, Spend, Revenue, Impressions and Clicks. Part of the testing plan also included organizing the team and each team member's expectations, goals, and responsibilities. Each budget plan included who would work on each step of the process, and how each step would be completed. I worked to create a seamless process, so that each member could pick up the planning document and easily move forward with their tasks.

Through the use of new methods and budgeting, I was able to reduce budget on global scaled test plans from $50k+ down to $15k per plan, this includes cutting excess Geos and partners who didn't need to be included on the plan, as well as using new statistical methodology to reduce the sample size needed per creative. I also created 'Black/White' targeting lists for target markets and publishers in order to directly use our marketing dollars in the highest impact areas.

Drawbridge Analytics